Thursday 20 December 2012

So i'm back etc....

Hello, according to page views of this blog, despite the fact that i've barely posted on it, people are viewing it, and seeing as my last post was outlining that some bad stuff had happened that stopped me from posting. Well, it's not over as such, but I want to put some of my energy into reviewing the endless reams of make up I buy. For a while I found a place on the internet to ramble about make up but forums tend to be a bit odd, people get a little bit intense if they're missing things in their real life....whereas I really just want to know whats going to stop my nose looking red after a couple of hours in the wind. So anyway, enough of my rambling....

I have so much to review. SO MUCH. Today I bought the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, which is basically a pared down, 95 percent matte version of the Naked palettes. Have a look at this crappy pic here


Shades from L - R Venus (frost), Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave


So as you can see not a terribly exciting range of shades if you're a fan of strong looks, but retailing at £20 for SIX shades, that you are bound to need at least 80 percent of the time, even if just as a brow highlight or base for other shades, or for a great mod look, this is a pretty cheap, and useful palette to own. However, as a budget option, there is the fantastic Sleek Palette in Au Naturel which has a range of matte and frost shadows with great colour payoff and pigment, and on top of this, you can also pair it with the Sleek Ultra Matte V2 which is a darker lot of mattes, and you can buy BOTH for less than you pay out for this. Not that i'm doing Urban Decay down (although I would have a few months back when the whole entering into the chinese market hence their products being used on animals, which they quickly went back on thank goodness). I will return with swatches of these shadows once my brushes are to hand. 

Otherwise purchases were the STUNNING Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro's in 502 and 503. I have always been a big fan of a matte finish lip, and the idea of liquid lipstick always pleases me, having wanted to check out the liquid lipsticks offering from Stila too, which, unlike Maestro, promise to 'Stay All Day'. This is a big issue for me, as I do need my make up to last through tough conditions anyway, so I plan on snapping a couple of these up. 

Anyway, it's four am, and I have a big weekend coming up. Tomorrow, clubland, day after SLWXMAS, which is always the BEST night of the year. After these things, horrors abound, except for actual xmas day, which is always magical in it's own way. So yes, I should sleep. However, I'm not going to because i've still got last nights Eastenders to catch up on, which sadly, i'm rather excited about....

Rock n roll....

No comments:

Post a Comment