Wednesday 16 January 2013

Review - Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro shades 502 and 503 (swatches etc)

Hi.

When I read about these fabled Lip Maestro liquid lip products being released, I became obsessed. Every day I was checking for swatches, for evidence they were going to be 'the one' that made my pre dj make up routine quicker and more efficient, whilst lasting the night, being totes matte, and coming in awesome shades.

At £25 they're not the cheapest investment for a lip, but when I found I had two vouchers for House of Fraser at Westfield White City, it was the only thing on my mind. I had to own them! I wanted shades 500 (a beige nude), 502 (a raspberry) and 503 (a bright pink, red). I had to choose and since i've put a ban on myself buying any more beigey nudes, I went for the brights. See below.

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro(s) in shades 502 and 503

Excuse the bad lighting. I have swatched them below so you can get an idea of the intensity of these beautiful colours. 

(L-R) 502, 503


Above, my lips, and a crappy quality picture with both shades used to create a 3D lip effect.

As you can see, these shades are intense, full to bursting of pigment and they create this level of coverage with one swipe of the applicator. The finish is stunning, properly matte but with dimension, and the colours are perfection. But then.....oh.....

A downside. As I mention over and over, I want my make up to last. This is the formulas problem. It never actually dries down, so you permanently have the feeling of lip gloss on your lips, but in a VERY highly pigmented formula, and my GOODNESS does it like to travel around your lips. I had something to drink, and it was smeared around like someone had punched me in the mouth. If it could have maintained the above finish, I would have proposed to it, but alas, it shall not take me as a wife. 

So in summary, this product is partially incredible, partially made me very very sad indeed. With one hand it gaveth, and the other, it snatched away, and then smeared pink stuff all over my face. Cheers!


If you would like to give it a go, and you'll maybe have more luck than me, I bought these for £25 each at House Of Fraser HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment