Wednesday 2 October 2013

When Favourite Brands Disappoint : Dear MAC. Stop pissing me off please.



As i've mentioned before in a previous post, I have had quite a love/hate relationship with MAC over the past year or so. Having been on of my most beloved and favoured brands since I first fell in love with make up, I have obsessed about nearly every limited edition drop, every new formula, every visual, the LOT. I have poured much of my money into MAC, and therefore, now and then, just maybe, I expect a little joy back.

My recent joy was found in the Retro Matte collection release, something that was, as I mentioned in the post referenced above, was WAY overdue, just as the brow collection was. These things had been trending for a few years, so why they are releasing collections AFTER the drugstore brands is beyond me, yet chucking out 1000000 collections a year, ALL containing the carbon eyeshadow (probably) over and over. FIX UP MAC. FIX THE HELL UP. (sorry capitals, I'm still heartbroken so prone to inappropriately placed anger).

So why am I pissed off again. I went to MAC a few days back. I was feeling particularly low, had had one of those walking and crying in public sessions and I thought the shiny joy of a freshly stocked MAC counter would suffice to lift the darkness a little. Clearly I was mistaken.

I walked in, and when i'd bought the Pro Longwear liners the week before, i'd actually picked up neither of the ones that i'd previously intended, which were Trust in Redd, and Dynamo. I looked at the Retro Matte display stand, an example of which is below...

MAC Retro Matte Stand 2013

Now above is what it SHOULD have looked like. Now, bearing in mind that Clapham MAC has been opened two weeks in total, you would expect it to be vaguely close to perfect. Unfortunately the lipsticks that were stocked (not their fault if they're sold out, don't get me wrong) were a mucky rancid mess, and the lipliners apart from two, weren't even pro longwear, they were just the Magenta regular wear liner, which I already own two of, although I'm totally fine with the hard sell of it, it's a nice colour, but you never need six on one display surely!?

So what the hell is my problem then? Well, I located a member of staff who'd been merrily ignoring me for a while, and I asked for the Pro Longwear liner in the shade Dynamo and Trust in Red. It wasn't a big ask really, I just wanted to be an easy customer. Get me stuff and i'll pay, y'know, not really a big issue for anyone particularly. Anyway, she asks me what colour the liners are, and I say Dynamo is bright-ish pink, and Trust in Red is, well, RED. She went back to the draws of new products, couldn't find them, so went back to the stand and picked up one of the Magenta liners and asked if it was that. 'No' I said, 'I own that, it's a regular liner, I want the longwear ones, they're great!' she looked at me like I was asking her to wipe my bottom with her face, and then said 'You can only get them in the MAC pro stores, like carnaby'. I looked confused, and i'm pretty short of tolerance right now as it is. 'Erm, no, it's not a pro release, it's a permanent release, i'm sure'. 'No' she replied, it's not, you can't get it any more, you'll have to go to a pro store'. I frowned at her again. 'NO' I reaffirmed. 'That isn't the case, despite having that stand, they are nearly ALL permanent except a couple of the lipsticks'. 

Then she really started to PISS ME OFF.

She looked at me like I was really stupid 'You can ask around, anyone will tell you the same, you're not going to get them'. She then turned around to notice another customer, turned again to another member of staff and said 'deal with her, I'll deal with this other customer'. 

And with that, she just walked off.

BRILLS!

The member of staff was much more agreeable to say the least. She asked what I needed, and I explained again, and she replied that she was visiting from Guildford store to lend a hand, and yes, the items I wanted WERE permanent, and she in fact had a ton in her store as they'd been restocked a couple of times, and they just hadn't come into Clapham yet but they should do soon, so I could either order online or just come back. She also apologised for the dickhead I had been talking to, which was nice.

So I implore you, the workers of MAC, and the employers, if you're going to deploy girls to talk to other human beings in your store, please make sure they have a basic idea of products, and if not, try not to treat customers like total MORONS, and just ASK someone who does know. It's not a good look when someone is struggling with their love for you already, and had, before this point, actually always raved about your customer service, despite the rest of the blogging world disagreeing BIG TIME. 

Phew. And thus, my rant is over. 

Twat.




No comments:

Post a Comment