Monday 18 November 2013

QUICKIE REVIEW: Bumble and Bumble Spray Chalk

Bumble and Bumble Spray Chalk in Blush Pink


So, on my recent travels I tried out the Bumble and Bumble Spray Chalk in Blush Pink. My hair, if you haven't read before, is turquoise and darker blue, and pretty bright. I thought it might be nice to try some pink accents for a little change, so chose the Blush Pink colour, in the hope i'd look a bit like a living doll. 

It's difficult to review this positively from my point of view, but it's not a failure of a product, it's just not for me. You see, it's basically a hairspray, with holding power, that gives colour as well, so if you want to create a big quiff and hold it up with a flash of colour, this is your best friend. However, if you want to just colour the ends, which lots of girls want to these days, this is where your problems are going to start.

First issue I have, is it goes EVERYWHERE. It flakes off, getting on your clothes, which is annoying. Secondly, it makes your hair hard, and knotty, and dry. It's bound to because it's basically a hairspray, but it was really tough to brush out, and my hair felt disgusting afterwards. I wasn't a fan.

Personally, I would recommend this for a fashion forward up do, where you'd be using spray to style anyway, but if you just want your locks to fly free, this is definitely not an option.

If you do want to get involved though, you can get this for a rather pricey £15 from Bumble and Bumble online

No comments:

Post a Comment